Human Kinetics ebooks are delivered using VitalSource, a modern, secure ebook platform. You can access your ebooks on any laptop (no download required), tablet, or smartphone device with VitalSource Bookshelf app. Immediately after purchase, we will email a code to you that will provide access to your content on VitalSource Bookshelf.
Your refund has been processed. Please allow 7-10 business days for your credit card to reflect the refund.
A refund confirmation email has been sent to the email that was used to purchase the Ebook.
Your access to the Ebook has been revoked.
Oops someting went wrong.
We have been notified of the error and will process your refund ASAP
- If you purchased an ebook only, you should have received an email message with an ebook access code. See the FAQ on HOW DO I REDEEM AN EBOOK ACCESS CODE WITHOUT or WITH AN EXISTING VITALSOURCE ACCOUNT to access your ebook. If you did not get the email message, enter your order number under the FAQ on HOW CAN I GET MY EBOOK ACCESS CODE
- If you purchased an online course or CE exam with an ebook, refer to the FAQ on HOW DO I LOCATE AN EBOOK FOR AN ONLINE COURSE for instructions.
- If you purchased an ebook with a web resource/ancillary, click here for next steps.
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning an Ebook you purchased from a Human Kinetics Online Store:
- You have 7 calendar days to return an Ebook from the date you purchased it.
- You have not viewed or printed, in total, more than twenty percent (20%) of the Ebook.
Human Kinetics reserves the right to refuse to sell or provide refunds to any person for any reason not prohibited by law, including, but not limited to, abuse of its return policy.
- Enter your order number
- Click on submit
How to download your Ebook for offline access on your device.
- Login in to Bookshelf using your VitalSource account.
- Filter by title or author
- Select desired title
Note: If you received an ebook with an online course and did not create a VitalSource Bookshelf account to view it, you may only access the ebook from the course for 24 months from the purchase date. See the FAQ on HOW DO I LOCATE AN EBOOK FOR AN ONLINE COURSE OR CE EXAM for more details.
Select the app you want to download and follow the instructions to download it.
Click here for a list of VitalSource requirements and support.
Human Kinetics is in the process of moving online courses to a new platform designed to make your online course experience easier. The instructions for accessing an ebook with an online course or CE exam differ slightly depending on which platform your course is on.
Courses in our new system include a direct link to access the ebook. When you click the link, the ebook will open in a new window in the VitalSource Bookshelf platform. If you do not already have a VitalSource Bookshelf account, you will be prompted to create one. You are not required to create an account; however, a VitalSource account will allow you to access the ebook even after your access to the course or CE exam has expired (24 months after the purchase date).
Courses in our legacy platform also use VitalSource Bookshelf, but you are provided with an ebook access code that must be entered to unlock your ebook. For these courses, you will be required to create a VitalSource account and use the “Redeem Codes” link within VitalSource Bookshelf.
More information on accessing your ebook can be found in our other Ebook FAQs.
Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) was the tool Human Kinetics formerly used to provide ebooks prior to 2019. If you have an ADE ebook, it will still be available on the original device on which you downloaded it. To convert the ebook to the new VitalSource platform there will be a $3 fee for each ebook converted. Converting ebooks is optional and only related to those who have purchased ADE ebooks formerly on the HK website. Only the ebooks that are currently available can be converted. To request that your ADE ebook be converted, please contact customer service.
Title of the ebook
Email address used at time of purchase
Contact your HK Sales Rep. or email email@example.com
- If you purchased an ebook with a web resource/ancillary, follow the instructions under "HOW DO I REDEEM AN HKPropel ACCESS CODE" to access your ebook.
- If you purchased an ebook only, follow the instructions on the Ebook FAQ page to access your ebook.
- If you purchased an online course with an ebook, follow the instructions under "HOW DO I LOCATE AN EBOOK FOR AN ONLINE COURSE?" for step-by-step instructions of how to access your ebook.