Jane Johnson ©2013
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
If you are new to postural assessment or feel you need a refresher, this webinar provides the nuts and bolts of this essential assessment skill. Postural Assessment For Beginners answers the why, who, when and how of postural assessment. Why carry one out in the first place? For whom is it useful? When should a postural assessment be performed? What should you look for? It also answers questions such as where to start and what to do with your findings? This webinar provides an overview of this physical assessment which will stimulate your thinking and provide some concrete steps you can take to get you started. Key features to observe in the upper body, lower body and trunk are highlighted.
- Identify reasons for carrying out a postural assessment
- Describe the kinds of clients for whom postural assessment might be useful
- State when a postural assessment should be carried out
- What to look for in a posterior postural assessment
- What to look for in an anterior postural assessment
- What to look for in a lateral postural assessment
- Describe how to use the findings from a postural assessment
Presenter Jane Johnson is an internationally known specialist musculoskeletal physiotherapist working in occupational health. Her role includes advising employers on work station ergonomics in order to minimise physical work-related risk to employees. She is the author of a number of bestselling books including Soft Tissue Release, Deep Tissue Massage, Therapeutic Stretching and Postural Assessment.