Yoga for Runners: The Benefits and Practice Revealed
Christine Felstead ©2014
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
Due to a small technical glitch, please begin the recording at the 1:30 minute mark.
With an extensive history as a long-distance runner and yoga instructor, Christine Felstead has married her twin passions into a pioneering program for runners. She teaches yoga classes and workshops for runners and endurance athletes. Her Yoga for Runners teacher training program offers certification to a growing number of instructors now working in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the United Kingdom. As author of Yoga for Runners, she presents Yoga for Runners: The Benefits & Practice Revealed.
This webinar addresses the following:
--Why runners need yoga
--The overall benefits of practicing yoga as a runner
--How to practice safe yoga
--How to use yoga in your training regimens
--How to yoga for race recovery
--Simple poses for every day
Presented in conjunction with the Illinois Marathon.
- Kettlebells for Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Art of Running Faster - Ways to improve your technique, training and performance
- Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs: Myth and Reality
- Bending the Aging Curve: A Periodized Prescription for Improved Aging
- Weightlifting exercises and their derivatives: appropriate application across mesocycles
- Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: An Investigation