This is an excerpt from Strength Training Past 50 3rd Edition eBook by Wayne L. Westcott & Thomas R. Baechle.
Wall Squat: Exercise Ball With Dumbbells
Quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteals
- Grasp dumbbells with elbows extended and stand erect with feet about hip-width apart and parallel to each other.
- Position dumbbells with palms facing outside surfaces of thighs and elbows straight.
- Place exercise ball between back and wall with feet far enough from wall so that knees are directly over the feet in down position.
Downward Movement Phase
- Keep head up, eyes fixed straight ahead, shoulders back, torso erect, and weight on entire foot throughout exercise.
- Squat slowly until thighs are parallel to floor, rolling ball between the back and wall as you descend.
- Inhale throughout downward movement.
Upward Movement Phase
- Begin upward movement by slowly straightening knees and hips, rolling ball between the back and wall as you ascend.
- Exhale throughout upward movement phase.
Learn more about Strength Training Past 50, Third Edition.