Half-kneeling landmine one-arm press
This is an excerpt from Complete Conditioning for Football by Aaron Wellman.
The half-kneeling landmine one-arm press is a predominantly upper-body movement that primarily targets the shoulder muscles. The landmine press is a middle ground between a horizontal press such as a bench press and a vertical press such as an overhead press.
- Start in a half-kneeling position so there is a slight stretch in the hip flexor.
- Hold the barbell in the hand on the same side the knee is down (see figure a).
- Contract the glute on the leg that is up, brace the core, and maintain a neutral spine throughout the entire movement.
- Press the barbell straight out and not across the body (see figure b).
- Return to the starting position by controlling the barbell down and perform all of the prescribed repetitions on one arm before repeating on the other arm.
Get the latest insights with regular newsletters, plus periodic product information and special insider offers.