Dumbbell hang power clean to push press
This is an excerpt from Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training 4th Edition With HKPropel Online Video by NSCA -National Strength & Conditioning Association.
- Stand with the feet hip- or shoulder-width apart, holding a dumbbell in each hand, hanging them next to the sides of the body.
- From the upright position, lower the dumbbells to midthigh, at or just above the knees.
- All repetitions begin from this position.
- Start the pull by explosively extending the hips, knees, and ankles while keeping the arms extended.
- Thrust the shoulders up and back and the hips slightly forward and up.
- Extend up onto the toes before pulling with the arms.
- Keep the dumbbells close to the body.
- As the lower body becomes fully extended, rapidly shrug the shoulders, and start the pull with the arms.
- Lower to a quarter squat, and rotate the wrists under the dumbbells while moving the elbows up in front of the body to rack the dumbbells on the front of the shoulders.
- Fully stand up, and immediately take a shallow squat while keeping the torso erect and arms stationary (the dip); then explosively extend the hips, knees, and ankles while simultaneously pressing the dumbbells directly overhead (the drive).
In a controlled manner, lower the dumbbells back to the shoulders and then down to the starting position.
More Excerpts From Exercise Technique Manual for Resistance Training 4th Edition With HKPropel Online Video
Get the latest insights with regular newsletters, plus periodic product information and special insider offers.