This is an excerpt from Women's Basketball Drill Book, The by Women's Basketball Coaches Association.
To help develop skill in moving without the ball.
Use three offensive players.
- Players start on the baseline: one on the right side, one in the middle, and one on the left side of the court.
- The ball starts in the middle (see figure 1).
- The outside players cut and then come back to the ball.
- The player in the middle passes the ball to one side to begin the drill; no dribbling at first.
- The other two players cut and come back to the ball until they reach the other end of the court.
- Players must stay in their lane.
- Timing is important. Players must time their cuts and get open when the passer is ready to deliver the pass.
- Add defensive players (see figure 2).
- Allow two dribbles to help advance the ball.
- Add a shot at the end of the drill.
- Allow skip passes to the other side of the court.