Using Movement to Improve Mental Health
Interview with Erica Hornthal, LCPC, BC-DMT, on Building America Now Podcast
Human Kinetics author Erica Hornthal was a guest on Building America Now with David Bolanos to talk about her practice as a dance & movement therapist and her Body Awareness for Mental Health Online Course.
Find her episode by scrolling down on this link to Erica Hornthal, Founder and CEO and Chicago Dance Therapy and learn about the language of movement, becoming more aware of how movement plays a role in behavior and thoughts for all ages, and communicating through movement..
To learn even more strategies to manage stress and improve mental health in dance students, teachers, and staff, check out Body Awareness for Mental Health Online Course.
Erica Hornthal, LCPC, BC-DMT, is a licensed clinical professional counselor and board-certified dance and movement therapist. Hornthal is the founder and CEO of Chicago Dance Therapy, a group practice founded in 2011. As an expert on the intersection of movement and mental health, her expertise include cognitive and movement disorders, neurologic conditions, anxiety and depression, PTSD, trauma, eating disorders, loss, and phase-of-life issues, including caregiving.
- Review of Promoting Elementary School Physical Activity
- Human Kinetics Acquires PE Central Online School
- School-Based Promotion of Children's Physical Activity
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Live Well: Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Teaching the Nuts and Bolts of PE