Academic Physical Education: Enhancing Respect for Programs
In the presentation below, Human Kinetics author Chuck Corbin discusses the criteria to determine if a program is considered academic, the "PE Effect", and the options for improving academic status and advancement of physical education.
All content within this presentation, including accompanying handouts, is the copyrighted work of the author unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized access, duplication, or distribution of it is a violation of copyright law.
Books by the Presenter
Human Kinetics books can be found in our Health Education, Physical Education, and Adapted Physical Education Collections, including books by Chuck Corbin such as Fitness for Life 7th Edition, Fitness for Life Middle School 2nd Edition, Live Well Middle School Health and Health for Life.
- Review of Promoting Elementary School Physical Activity
- Human Kinetics Acquires PE Central Online School
- School-Based Promotion of Children's Physical Activity
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Live Well: Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Teaching the Nuts and Bolts of PE