Timing Resistance Training: Programming the Muscle Clock for Optimal Performance
Amy Ashmore ©2019
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
Modern research has taken the application of timing to exercise programming in a new direction, discovering the existence of muscle clocks inside each of the more than 600 skeletal muscles. In this webinar based upon the book, Timing Resistance Training, you will learn what muscles clocks are, how they work, and how to use them to design training programs to optimize muscle strength and power. Learn how to teach muscles to “think” by delivering the timing cues that tell them when to activate key physiological actions that will enhance performance. Discover which cues to use with contemporary training methods such as paired exercise, complex, concurrent, cluster set, and redistributed rest training. Learn how to manipulate muscle clocks to perform their best every day using principles such as intermittent rest and strategically timed single-session workouts, weekly workouts, and long-term programming routines.
- Kettlebells for Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Art of Running Faster - Ways to improve your technique, training and performance
- Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs: Myth and Reality
- Bending the Aging Curve: A Periodized Prescription for Improved Aging
- Weightlifting exercises and their derivatives: appropriate application across mesocycles
- Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: An Investigation