Getting to the Bottom of the FODMAP Diet and its Potential Use with Athletes
Sharon Madigan, RD, MSc, PhD ©2018
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
The FODMAP diet has become very popular over the last decade in the general population and for athletes. It is well structured and with is good education can be followed with positive outcomes. It is also helped by the fact that there is extensive food composition analysis which are regularly updated which individuals follow the diet. Can it play a role in the management of GI distress in athletes? Dr Madigan believes it can for some athletes but it needs to be managed well within the whole performance nutrition support.
After watching this webinar you will be able to identify why certain foods cause symptoms for IBS. You will also learn about sports supplements that can cause problems.
Sharon Madigan, RD, MSc, PhD, is Head of Performance Sport at Sports Ireland Institute and a qualified dietitian. She has many years of clinical experience in the management of GI disease with the general public and this experience has proven to be useful when managing athletes at all levels. She completed the specialist FODMAP training course in 2013-2014 and currently uses this approach as part of the overall nutrition management of athletes.
- Kettlebells for Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Art of Running Faster - Ways to improve your technique, training and performance
- Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs: Myth and Reality
- Bending the Aging Curve: A Periodized Prescription for Improved Aging
- Weightlifting exercises and their derivatives: appropriate application across mesocycles
- Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: An Investigation