Are you overtraining in the weight room? Understanding overtraining and sport performance
Andrew Fry ©2020
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
The term “overtraining” is used a lot in the sport and exercise world, but what exactly does it mean when it comes to the weight room? In this webinar Andy Fry, PhD, coauthor of Science and Practice of Strength Training, examines how overtraining can occur in the weight room, and how it can affect performances important for sport performance. He will also discuss how “overreaching” fits in to a strength training program, both good and bad. Are all performances affected equally, or are some more susceptible? And perhaps most important, what can be done to avoid this condition? While much remains to be discovered, attendees will gain practical tools for recognizing and avoiding this problem.
- Kettlebells for Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Art of Running Faster - Ways to improve your technique, training and performance
- Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs: Myth and Reality
- Bending the Aging Curve: A Periodized Prescription for Improved Aging
- Weightlifting exercises and their derivatives: appropriate application across mesocycles
- Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: An Investigation