A case study of an adrenally fatigued, nutrient-depleted professional athlete
You must log in to watch this webinar recording.
Recorded on Wednesday 29th March 2017
The aim of this webinar was to provide academics, students, physiologists, sports scientists, health professionals and nutritionists with an understanding of how to work with an athlete from the principles of functional health and sports nutrition.
Through the analysis of a live case study, this webinar will provide an understanding of how to work with an adrenally fatigued, nutrient-depleted professional athlete from the principles of functional health and sports nutrition.
This webinar will allow attendees to:
- Identify lifestyle, nutritional and training disruptions of the immune and endocrine systems, and whole body health
- See the principles of Functional Medicine/Functional Sports Nutrition in practice
- Understand nutritional strategies for nourishing an athlete’s immune and endocrine systems
- Have an improved awareness of how certain nutraceuticals (nutrition supplements) can support an athlete’s return to health and fitness
Ian Craig is an exercise physiologist, nutritional therapist, NLP practitioner and an endurance coach. He was a competitive middle-distance runner for 20 years and is now a more leisurely runner and cyclist. Ian specialises in Functional Sports Nutrition (FSN), a fast-evolving discipline that considers both health and performance of an athlete from an integrative health perspective. He is the editor of Functional Sports Nutrition magazine and is conference leader of Sports Nutrition Live. Additionally, Ian runs a private nutritional therapy practice in Johannesburg.
- Kettlebells for Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Art of Running Faster - Ways to improve your technique, training and performance
- Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs: Myth and Reality
- Bending the Aging Curve: A Periodized Prescription for Improved Aging
- Weightlifting exercises and their derivatives: appropriate application across mesocycles
- Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: An Investigation