Health for Life
Health for Life is an innovative new resource that teaches high school students the fundamentals of health and wellness, how to avoid destructive habits, and how to choose to live healthy lives. Health for Life is available in print and digital formats, including an iBooks interactive version for iPads plus other e-book formats that students can use across a variety of platforms.
This text covers all aspects of healthy living throughout the life span:
- Understanding health and wellness (positive aspect of health)
- Preventing disease and seeking care
- Embracing the priority lifestyles of physical activity, nutrition, and stress management
- Avoiding destructive habits
- Building relationships
- Creating healthy and safe communities
Carefully crafted to meet the National Health Education Standards (NHES), Health for Life has an abundance of beneficial features that help students connect with content:
- Lesson Objectives, Lesson Vocabulary, Comprehension Check, and Chapter Review help students prepare to dive in to the material, understand it, and retain it.
- Connect feature spurs students to analyze various influences on their health and wellness.
- Consumer Corner aids students in exploring consumer health issues.
- Healthy Communication gets students to use and expand their interpersonal communication skills as they share their views about various health topics.
- Skills for Healthy Living and Making Healthy Decisions help students learn and practice self-management so they can make wise choices related to their health and wellness.
- Planning for Healthy Living assists students in applying what they’ve learned as they set goals and establish plans for behavior change.
- Self-Assessment offers students the opportunity to evaluate their health habits and monitor improvement in health behaviors.
- Find Academic Connections that relate fitness topics to other parts of the curriculum such as science, language arts, and math.
- Take It Home and Advocacy in Action prepare students to advocate for health at home and in their communities.
- Health Science and Health Technology focus on the roles of science and technology as they relate to health and where science and technology intersect regarding health issues.
- Living Well News challenges students to integrate health literacy, math, and language skills to better understand a current health issue.