Parachute Games With DVD-2nd Edition
BookThrough Parachute Games With DVD, Second Edition, you can
- lead 59 parachute activities;
- adapt the activities to a myriad of game settings and participant needs;
- use the DVD to preview select activities or to show participants how much fun they will have with a parachute; and
- offer games that enhance fitness as well as social, motor, and other skills.
The best-selling Parachute Games is now revised, extended, and packaged with a DVD you can use to preview selected activities before leading them—and let your participants preview it as well so they can see how much fun parachute games are. This new edition retains everything from the very popular first edition, and it includes the following:
- The latest information about parachutes, including parachute care and age-appropriate uses
- 59 revised and new games, plus dozens of new variations of games from the first edition
- 28 games in live action on the DVD
- New Variations and Teaching Tips sections
- Plenty of descriptive details to assist you in using and adapting games for your group and setting
With Parachute Games With DVD, Second Edition, you’ll know that you’re leading the activities successfully and offering children great fitness benefits that enhance their social and motor skills. The authors, with more than 30 years of experience in presenting parachute games, have fashioned the wealth of activities in this book to be adaptable to a myriad of game settings and participant needs.
In addition, the DVD allows you to see a broad sampling of games in action, including three complete sample play sessions, to help you apply the information and motivate children to fully engage in and enjoy the games. You might also find it useful to let children preview the games on the DVD so they can better understand how the games are played.
In part I of the book, you learn about the benefits of parachute play and how to lead parachute games. You also discover how to use the games to enhance children’s social skills, personal behavior, perceptual and physical skills, and basic motor skills. Part I also covers how to care for your parachute and extend its life.
In part II, you are presented with 59 games, divided into low, moderate, and high activity levels. You can use the handy games finder to locate just the game for your group and situation.
Parachute Games With DVD, Second Edition, provides the games and everything you need to help you confidently adapt each game to your group so that each child can learn, grow, and enjoy. More than ever, this new edition will help you run parachute games successfully while providing exciting variations for your participants.
Reference for K-12 physical educators and for recreation leaders working with participants of all ages.
Table of ContentsGames Finder
Part I. Understanding Parachute Play
Chapter 1. Discovering the Benefits of Parachute Play
Chapter 2. Leading Parachute Games
Chapter 3. Enhancing Developmental Skills
Chapter 4. Choosing and Caring for Your Parachute
Part II. Learning the Games
Chapter 5. Low-Activity Parachute Games
Chapter 6. Moderate-Activity Parachute Games
Chapter 7. High-Activity Parachute Games
About the Authors