Dumbbell Training 2nd Edition Online CE Course With Print Book
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Dumbbell Training, Second Edition, book
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
The book is loaded with more than 110 exercises targeting the core, upper body, lower body, and total body. Exercises feature a variety of variations and are supplemented with photos and concisely written exercise descriptions, making it easy to understand each exercise and implement it with your clients. Did You Know? sidebars offer interesting details and tips about the use of dumbbell exercises.
You’ll also find 66 ready-to-use programs that target specific goals. Fitness-oriented plans will help with fat loss, general fitness, hypertrophy, and strength, while athlete-focused plans will help increase power, speed, agility, and balance in eight popular sports: cycling, ice hockey, skiing, soccer, speed skating, swimming, track and field, and wrestling. The study guide contains a course syllabus, chapter objectives, and learning activities to help you understand further how to incorporate dumbbell training with your clients. Once you complete the course and pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Explain the advantages of dumbbell training over other forms of resistance training.
- Identify a variety of dumbbell exercises and their use for specific body segments.
- Design a dumbbell training program that meets specific training and athletic goals.
- Identify the key variables in developing dumbbell training programs.
- Describe the concept of periodization and its use in designing dumbbell training programs.
- Incorporate dumbbell training exercises into existing training programs.
- Outline dumbbell training recommendations for specific sports and activities.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Benefits of Training With Dumbbells
Chapter 2. Designing a Program
Chapter 3. Incorporating Dumbbells Into an Existing Program
Part II. Exercises
Chapter 4. Upper Body
Chapter 5. Lower Body
Chapter 6. Core
Chapter 7. Total Body
Part III. Programming
Chapter 8. Training for Fitness
Chapter 9. Training for Weight Loss
Chapter 10. Training for Increased Muscle Size
Chapter 11. Training for Increased Power
Chapter 12. Training for Speed Sports
Chapter 13. Training for Agility and Balance Sports
The Dumbbell Training book is a great resource that explains how to do a wide variety of workouts and programs with dumbbells as the primary tool. I will refer to this book for a long time to come to get new ideas or change up a stale routine.
The course was informative and presented a lot of different aspects of using dumbbells. The book was very repetitive is some respects.