Functional Core for Women Online CE Exam With Print Book
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Functional Core for Women book
- Online continuing education exam
2022 IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year Kia Williams sets the stage by breaking down the core’s anatomy to show how the abs and glutes work together and which muscles are best targeted for discernible change. Next, learn how to work with your clients to establish goals, then develop a training program that helps strengthen and engage these major muscle groups.
Functional Core for Women demonstrates more than 45 ab and glute exercises that improve physique, function, and strength. Derived from a variety of disciplines—including traditional weight training, Pilates, barre, and yoga—the exercises feature step-by-step instructions, variations, equipment options, safety cues, and progressions and regressions. You’ll also find 6 sample workouts, along with the guidance you need to create and customize programs for each client you work with.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Identify the muscles that comprise the core.
- Explain the importance of core strength for daily function and performance.
- Demonstrate how to create an action plan for setting and achieving goals.
- Develop a program to emphasize core strength for a variety of fitness levels and with a variety of equipment.
- Demonstrate exercises that strengthen the abdominals and glutes.
- Identify warm-up and activation exercises.
- Understand how different workouts can be used to help in reaching personal goals such as improving endurance, augmenting hypertrophy, and increasing intensity.
AudienceCertified fitness professionals and personal trainers working with women.
Chapter 1. Core = Abs + Glutes
Chapter 2. Core Functions and Mechanics
Part II. Planning for Results
Chapter 3. Identifying Personal Goals
Chapter 4. Developing Your Core Program
Part III. Exercises
Chapter 5. Standing Core Exercises
Chapter 6. Floor and Seated Core Exercises
Chapter 7. Warm-Up and Activation Exercises
Chapter 8. Stretches
Part IV. Core Workouts
Chapter 9. Core Endurance-Focused Workouts
Chapter 10. Glute Hypertrophy-Focused Workouts
Chapter 11. Core Intensity-Focused Workouts