Learn more about the Presidential Youth Fitness Program with informational webinars
Word has spread fast since the President’s Council on Fitness, Sports, and Nutrition announced it is phasing out its Youth Fitness Test, which dates back to 1966, and replacing it with the Presidential Youth Fitness Program. To help further explain the program, SHAPE America has conducted a series of free webinars. See the Presidential Youth Fitness Program in action. Browse the video library on the PYFP website for more tools and resources to help you make your program a success.
Presidential Youth Fitness Program 101: Understanding the Basics View Recording.
Steps for Presidential Youth Fitness Program Success View Recording.
Understanding Health-Related Fitness View Recording.
Health-Related Fitness Before and After School View Recording.
Teaching Health-Related Fitness through Activity View Recording.
Awards and Recognition View Recording.
Moving to Solutions: What to do with the Results View Recordings.
Note: The Presidential Youth Fitness Program adopted the Fitnessgram® assessment. For complete information about the new program, visit www.pyfp.org.
- Kettlebells for Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation
- The Art of Running Faster - Ways to improve your technique, training and performance
- Image and Performance Enhancing Drugs: Myth and Reality
- Bending the Aging Curve: A Periodized Prescription for Improved Aging
- Weightlifting exercises and their derivatives: appropriate application across mesocycles
- Youth Compendium of Physical Activities: An Investigation