The RAMP System
BY IAN JEFFREYS
October 28, 2019
The RAMP system—Raise, Activate, Mobilize, and Potentiate—looks at the warm-up not only as preparation for the upcoming session, but also as tool for athletic development that can cultivate the skills and movement capacities needed to excel in sport. RAMP has become a standard warm-up system recommended by the United Kingdom Strength and Conditioning Association (UKSCA) and is included in professional resources developed by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
In this clip, Ian Jeffreys, author of The Warm-Up, explains how he developed the RAMP system and how he uses it to improve athletic performance.
Want to learn more? Check out The Warm-Up.
- Periodization: What It Is and How It Relates to Planning and Programming
- Neurological Carryover Training: The Best Strength Method You’re Not Using?
- The six best strength training techniques to increase mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy
- German Volume Training
- How to design a complete training program
- Periodization of strength training for sports