Review of Essentials of Dance Psychology
By Dr. Andrea Schärli, Lecturer in Dance at the University of Bern’s Institute of Sport Science and Programme Leader at MAS Dance Science
Essentials of Dance Psychology by Sanna Nordin-Bates is a much-needed resource for lecturers and students in the field of dance science. The text covers important topics of performance psychology and highly succeeds in linking the theories to the practical. Each chapter starts with clear and graspable objectives, defines key terms, and then dives into the various topics with exactly the right amount of depth, leading to practical application. The Thinking Critically sections in Essentials of Dance Psychology help students learn to reflect and connect the material to their own experience. Each chapter ends with key points and recommendations as well as critical aspects of research in the respective topic area, which support the learning and reflection process even more for students.
I recommend this textbook to dance science students as a key resource on their exciting journey to being a dance science specialist or an excellent dance educator!
Read excerpts, learn more, and get your copy today of Essentials of Dance Psychology.
- Review of Essentials of Dance Psychology by Dr. Jenny Seham
- Inspiring Creativity - External Focus of Attention in Practice
- Attention and Focus Strategies for Dance Educators | Virtual Launch and Preview
- Review of Music Education for Dancers Online Course
- Understanding and Applying Psychology to Dance
- Review of Essentials of Dance Psychology