FallProof! Designing balance and mobility programs
In this free hour-long webinar, Dr. Debra Rose, author of FallProof! A Comprehensive Balance and Mobility Training Program and foremost expert in balance disorders and programming, will discuss how to design balance and mobility programs to meet clients' needs. Attendees will gain knowledge in these areas:
- Screening and assessment of fall risk
- Skills required for creating programs
- Other evidence-based fall prevention programs and resources
Debra Rose, PhD, is a professor in the division of kinesiology and health science and director of the Center for Successful Aging at California State University at Fullerton. She also serves as codirector of the Fall Prevention Center of Excellence at the University of Southern California. Her primary research focus is on the enhancement of mobility and the prevention of falls in later years.
Dr. Rose is nationally and internationally recognized for her work in assessment and programming for fall risk reduction. Her research in fall risk reduction in the elderly has been published in numerous peer-reviewed publications, including the Journal of the American Geriatric Society, Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Neurology Report, and the Journal of Aging and Physical Activity. She was an expert contributor to the Global Report on Falls Prevention in Older Age published by the World Health Organization in 2007.
The innovative fall risk reduction program she developed and describes in this manual was recognized by the Health Promotion Institute of the National Council on Aging (NCOA) in 2006 as a best practice program in health promotion.
The Raising the Bar webinar series provides personal trainers, group fitness instructors, strength and conditioning coaches, students, and other fitness enthusiasts with another avenue to obtain practical fitness information and education. We have covered a wide range of topics, some of which include stretching, group fitness instruction, nutrition, balance training, and aquatic exercise.
Get the latest insights with regular newsletters, plus periodic product information and special insider offers.
- View demonstration of Implementing Skills-Based Health Education Online Course
- Link to YouTube demo for Implementing Skills-Based Health Education Online Course
- How does the Senior Fitness Test Software 2.0 Subscription help with the fitness test?
- One of the world's fastest-growing sports has its first official book
- Women, Sport, & Equality in the 21st Century: An Ongoing Conversation
- Education; Parks, Recreation, Sport; and Non-profit Strategies