Scuba Diving 5th Edition PDF
The best-selling authoritative resource returns updated and better than ever.
Scuba Diving, Fifth Edition, is the most up-to-date resource for experiencing secure, satisfying dives. Packed with full-color photographs and detailed diving instruction, this is the ideal companion for recreational divers, diving instructors, and students.
Veteran instructor Dennis Graver shares the latest research, science, and recommendations as well as nearly 40 years of diving experience. He demystifies complex topics such as gas laws and the physics and physiology of scuba. You’ll also learn these skills:
• Equalize pressure in the sinuses, ears, and mask.
• Follow boat diving and buddy check procedures.
• Master the nuances of dive planning and decompression so that every dive is safe and enjoyable.
• Choose, use, and maintain scuba equipment.
• Safely enjoy the underwater environment, including aquatic wildlife.
• Prevent or manage underwater emergencies and hazards.
In this new edition you’ll find Application of Knowledge (AOK) questions and answers. For the first time, you’ll be able to apply the information and guidelines to real-world scuba problems, making you better prepared for those unexpected situations you might encounter.
Whether you are a beginning or intermediate diver or diving instructor, make sure you have all the bases covered before you go underwater. Scuba Diving will ensure a safe, successful, and rewarding dive every time you take the plunge.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 Diving Into Scuba
Chapter 2 Diving Science
Chapter 3 Diving Adjustments
Chapter 4 Diving Equipment
Chapter 5 Diving Environment
Chapter 6 Diving Skills
Chapter 7 Dive Planning
Chapter 8 Diving Opportunities