Rocket® Yoga Online CE Exam With Print Book
Your Guide to Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa
Author: Human Kinetics
- Rocket®Yoga book
- Online continuing education exam
Rocket®Yoga: Your Guide to Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa presents the beauty and benefits of Rocket yoga—from its history and philosophy to the sequences and practices unique to its style. This modern style of yoga is rooted in traditional ashtanga but allows for more freedom of movement based on individual anatomy and fosters empowerment through creativity, endurance, and rhythm. The text begins by taking you through nine guided activities to prepare for practice, covering aspects of yoga such as drishtis, bandhas, breathing techniques, and mudras. You’ll then explore the asana library, packed with hundreds of stunning color photographs and detailed instructions for more than 90 poses, consisting of standing, seated, inversion, and rest postures. Nearly every pose includes modifications to adapt the movements to different bodies.
Next, move through the traditional ashtanga series before adding a new dimension to yoga practice with five Rocket yoga series. Each Rocket yoga series has guiding photo sequences and a targeted focus:
- Rocket I: hip openers, forward bends, and core strengthening exercises
- Rocket II: backbends, spinal twists, arm balances, and inversions
- Rocket arms and Rocket legs: poses that build strength and endurance
- Rocket III: expansion of Rocket I and Rocket II, with twists, forward folds, and balances added
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Compare and contrast Rocket yoga and ashtanga yoga.
- Identify the eight limbs of ashtanga yoga.
- Discuss Rocket yoga’s evolution within the context of the history of ashtanga yoga.
- Define the three attributes of tristhana.
- Describe the role of breathing practices in Rocket yoga.
- Explain the concepts of drishti, bandhas, and chakras.
- Identify the poses of Rocket yoga.
- Define vinyasa.
- List the poses in the original Rocket yoga series.
- Identify strategies for pose variations to allow for a personalized Rocket yoga practice.
AudienceYoga teachers and other certified fitness professionals who are training to teach the Rocket® yoga method.
Chapter 1. The History and Philosophy of Rocket Yoga
The History of Ashtanga Yoga
The Birth of Rocket Yoga
The Rocket Philosophy
Chapter 2. The Fundamentals
Introduction to the Tristhana Method
Daily Cleansing Rituals
Chapter 3. The Progressive Ashtanga Vinyasa Method
Introducing the Vinyasa
Part II. Asana Library
Chapter 4. Standing Postures
Chapter 5. Seated Postures (Primary Series)
Chapter 6. Seated Postures (Rocket Intermediate)
Chapter 7. Inversion and Rest Postures (Finishing Series)
Part III. The Sequences
Chapter 8. Classical Ashtanga Series
Full Primary Series
Chapter 9. Original Rocket Yoga Series
Rocket Arms and Legs
Part IV. Make the Practice Your Own
Chapter 10. Create Your Practice Plan
Scheduling Your Practice
Committing to Your Practice
Fulfilling Your Minimum Daily Requirements
Chapter 11. Customize Your Practice
Softening the Practice
Adding Challenging Variations or Transitions
Practicing Drills for Skills
Practicing Yoga During Pregnancy