Personal Best Running Online CE Exam With Ebook
Coach Coogan’s Strategies for the Mile to the Marathon
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- Personal Best Running ebook
- Online video clips
- Online continuing education exam
Coach Coogan shares training strategies that will shave minutes off your client’s race times, and he provides guidance on sleeping and eating well, finding personal support, psychologically navigating setbacks and challenges, and lowering injury risk—all while having a life outside of running.
Learn the physical and psychological strategies needed to build an aerobic base, balance hard work and recovery, achieve good running form, and turn adversity into an advantage. Understand the importance of strengthening and warm-up exercises. Master running drills that build stronger runners. Plus, access 30 online video clips that showcase the exercises and drills in action.
Coogan provides numerous training schedules for the mile, 5K, 10K, half marathon, and marathon as well as schedules for running multiple races in a short period of time. For each distance, you and your clients can choose the length of training (from 6 weeks to 16 weeks) and weekly mileage range. The plans are supplemented with training and racing tips to help you better understand how to apply the concepts.
You’ll also get a personal look at what successful runners do as Coach Coogan shares some of his own experiences as a runner and coach. And you’ll draw plenty of inspiration from the athlete profiles of eight of his accomplished runners, including Drew Piazza, Alexi Pappas, and Elle St. Pierre.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Restate Coach Coogan’s five training principles.
- Describe a healthy training environment.
- Discuss how to build a healthy training environment.
- Demonstrate how to perform each strength, flexibility, mobility, and stretching exercise as well as each running form drill.
- Identify the benefits of each strength, flexibility, mobility, and stretching exercise as well as each running form drill.
- State the characteristics of psychological strength.
- Practice the techniques of visualization and chunking for psychological strength.
- Explain the benefits of tune-up races.
- Describe each type of run in a training program.
- Evaluate the race strategies for each race, from the mile to marathon.
- Explain how to race many events in a short period of time and how to quickly transition from one race to another.
AudiencePersonal trainers and other certified fitness and strength and conditioning professionals working with runners.
Chapter 1. Coach Coogan’s Training Principles
Chapter 2. Building a Good Training Environment
Chapter 3. Staying Strong and Healthy
Chapter 4. Using Your Mind to Run Faster
Chapter 5. Being a Student of the Sport
Chapter 6. Racing Is a Skill You Can Master
Chapter 7. Following the Programs
Chapter 8. Training for and Racing the Mile
Chapter 9. Training for and Racing the 5K
Chapter 10. Training for and Racing the 10K
Chapter 11. Training for and Racing the 15K to Half Marathon
Chapter 12. Training for and Racing the Marathon
Chapter 13. Training for and Racing Many Events in a Short Period
Chapter 14. Training for a Quick Transition From One Race Distance to Another