Open Water Swimming PDF
EbookSwim faster, stronger, and more efficiently. Whether you are a dedicated open-water swimmer or a triathlete looking to conquer the sport’s most challenging event, Open Water Swimming is your complete guide to improving your performance and decreasing your time.
In Open Water Swimming, renowned marathon swimmer, coach, and commentator Steven Munatones shares his insights and expertise on preparing, training, and competing in open-water events. From triathlon to marathon and all distances in between, you’ll learn these tactics:
- Refine your freestyle stroke to improve power, speed, effectiveness, and navigational IQ.
- Pace yourself, and conserve energy, for faster finishes.
- Train for every event with conditioning programs for short, Olympic, marathon, and triathlon distances.
- Shave seconds off your time with professional tactics for starts, turns, feedings, transitions, and finishes.
- Incorporate the racing strategies of the most successful swimmers in the sport.
- Prepare physically and psychologically for the demands of competition.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1. The Open Water Swimmer
Chapter 2. Overcoming the Elements
Chapter 3. Choosing Your Events
Chapter 4. The Open-Water Tool Kit
Chapter 5. Building a Faster Freestyle
Chapter 6. Preparing for Short-Distance Swims
Chapter 7. Preparing for Middle-Distance Swims
Chapter 8. Preparing for Marathon Swims
Chapter 9. Racing Tactics for Every Event
Chapter 10. Triathlon Training and Finishing Fast