Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text The New Power Eating is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Identify the fuels used by muscle during exercise.
- Explain the roles of protein, carbohydrate, and fat in the diet of a strength trainer.
- Recognize how performance and weight loss goals can change diet strategies.
- Understand the impact of hydration on mental and physical performance.
- Describe methods for tracking hydration.
- Discuss issues regarding fueling the female athlete.
- Describe the major dietary factors that affect mood and mental performance.
- List the three most important issues to consider when selecting a supplement.
- Identify the concepts used in developing a Power Eating plan.
- Explain a variety of dietary fueling strategies for different types of training goals.
AudienceA continuing education course for strength and conditioning coaches, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Table of ContentsThe New Power Eating Table of Contents
Part I. Foundation
Chapter 1. Eating for Strength, Power, and Speed
Chapter 2. Manufacturing Muscle
Chapter 3. Fueling Workouts
Chapter 4. Managing Fat
Chapter 5. Burning Fat
Chapter 6. Hydrating for Heavy-Duty Workouts
Chapter 7. Fueling the Female Athlete
Chapter 8. Tapping Into Brain Power
Part II. Supplements
Chapter 9. Vitamins and Minerals for Strength Trainers
Chapter 10. Muscle-Building Products
Chapter 11. Products for Boosting the Brain and Nervous Systems
Chapter 12. Botanicals for Performance
Part III. Plans and Menus
Chapter 13. Developing a Power Eating Plan
Chapter 14. Planning a Peak
Chapter 15. Maintaining Physique Menu Plans
Chapter 16. Building Muscle Menu Plans
Chapter 17. Cross-Training Menu Plans
Chapter 18. Fat-Loss Menu Plans
Chapter 19. Getting Cut Menu Plans
Chapter 20. Power Eating Recipes
Appendix A. Three- to Seven-Day Food Record
Appendix B. Restaurant Guide and Healthy Fast Food
About the Authors
- Exam and Evaluation
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information