Lower Body Training Online CE Exam With Print Book
The Definitive Guide to Increasing Size, Strength, and Athletic Performance
Author: Human Kinetics
- Lower Body Training book
- Online continuing education exam
Lower Body Training offers dozens of options for developing all the muscles of the lower body. The exercises are organized by the movement patterns they target—quad dominant, hip dominant, isolation, and plyometric—and include variations based on the equipment available for your clients, without sacrificing results. You will also find recommendations for selecting a balance of exercises to maximize effectiveness and reduce lower back pain and other potential overuse or acute injuries.
The book includes programs using maximal, submaximal, and dynamic training methods. The programs—categorized by beginner, intermediate, or advanced—target specific goals such as hypertrophy, strength, or athletic performance. Plus, there are variations for making staple exercises even more effective.
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Describe the anatomy of lower body musculature.
- Explain the basic principles of lower body training.
- Create specific and realistic training goals.
- Balance the use of quad- and hip-dominant exercises in designing a lower body training program.
- Explain how to strengthen the posterior chain muscles.
- Maximize lower body training through isolation and plyometric exercises.
- Vary a training program based on strength, athletic, or hypertrophic goals.
- Recommend at-home equipment to optimize lower body training goals.
- Discuss how to achieve a balance between bilateral and unilateral training.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, and other certified fitness professionals.
Chapter 1. Meet the Muscles
Chapter 2. Create Better Balance Through Movement
Chapter 3. Go Beyond the Basics
Chapter 4. Set Realistic Training Goals
Part II. The Exercises
Chapter 5. Quad-Dominant Exercises
Chapter 6. Hip-Dominant Exercises
Chapter 7. Isolation Exercises
Chapter 8. Plyometric Exercises
Part III. The Programs
Chapter 9. Hypertrophy Programs
Chapter 10. Strength Programs
Chapter 11. Athletic Performance Programs
Chapter 12. At-Home Training Programs