Laura Stamm's Power Skating Book-4th Edition/DVD Package
Develop explosive acceleration, speed, and agility and dominate the ice! Laura Stamm’s Power Skating, Fourth Edition book and DVD package presents the skating system used by thousands of the sport’s top players and teams to move with maximum efficiency on the ice. Plus, you’ll learn proven drills to help practice and master each maneuver. The DVD released in 2005 brings Stamm’s new book alive by demonstrating the skills and drills in each chapter.
From starts and stops to turns and transitions, Laura Stamm’s Power Skating covers all of the critical components of explosive skating. Through top-level instruction, practice drills, and coaching tips, you’ll learn these skills:
• Increase on-ice acceleration.
• Improve balance while changing directions on the ice.
• Increase speed and agility to disrupt aggressive defensemen.
• Explode from a stationary position and stop more rapidly.
• Increase puck protection without sacrificing speed.
• Use speed and agility to create more scoring chances for yourself and teammates.
The great hockey players skate powerfully and are able to get in position to make the key plays. Laura Stamm’s Power Skating/DVD package will give you an explosive edge on the competition with every technique you need to skate your best and elevate your game.
ExcerptsBasic pivot drills enhance ability to perform tight turns
Explosive starts for gaining the advantage in skating
Proper balance aids stability and speed on skates