Enter the game with confidence, knowing you’ve mastered the essentials. Field Hockey: Steps to Success
combines a comprehensive, progressive approach with in-depth instruction, illustrations, and 86 drills. Master coach and field hockey legend Elizabeth Anders details the step-by-step program that will teach you how to develop these skills:
- Score more goals by developing better shooting techniques.
- Improve ball control and dribbling.
- Establish solid passing and receiving skills.
- Develop better footwork and balance for improved stick handling.
- Employ attacking and defensive tactics.
- Become a better goalkeeper through correct positioning and increased awareness in the net.
Whether you are new to the sport or seeking new techniques to add to your arsenal, Field Hockey: Steps to Success
—part of the popular Steps to Success Series that has sold more than 1.5 million copies—will help you improve every aspect of your game. ContentsStep 1:
Balance and Footwork Step 2:
Passing and Receiving Step 3:
Controlling the Ball and Dribbling Step 4:
Tackling Step 5:
Shooting Step 6:
Goalkeeping Step 7:
Leading the Attack and Defense Step 8:
Supporting the Lead Attacker Step 9:
Supporting the Lead Defender Step 10:
Organizing the Team’s System of Play Step 11: