Business of Personal Training Online CE Course Without Book, The
Author: Human Kinetics
This package includes the following:
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Understand the roles a personal trainer plays and what a personal trainer should and should not do in regard to the scope of the profession.
- Explain the need to build your own business while working under the umbrella of your employer’s company.
- Know the differences between working as an independent contractor for another company and working for yourself.
- Understand the various aspects of opening your own brick-and-mortar facility and be aware of the different hats you must wear as an owner-operator.
- Be able to analyze your target market and determine the type of facility and location that best suit your market.
- Be able to determine the structure of your business, choose the correct business entity, and set up your business systems.
- Know how to screen, interview, and hire employees.
- Understand organizational structure and be able to define staff responsibilities and lines of reporting.
- Be able to select the insurance that you will need for your business.
- Be able to determine your precise offerings and what you are going to charge for them.
- Know how to develop the forms and contracts that you will need to keep appropriate records.
- Be able to track and manage expenses and income to maximize the profitability of your business.
- Know how to perform financial analyses and write reports to maximize the profitability of your business.
- Identify key performance indicators that can quantify how well your company is doing.
- Be able to create public awareness through effective marketing and recognize sales opportunities.
- Explain how to develop relationships based on effective communication.
- Know how to delegate and outsource tasks when you do not have the time, the skill, or the desire to do a particular task.
- Be able to grow your business by improving member and client retention, creating intellectual property, and helping more people.