DVDBody. Breath. Mind. Discover what millions of yoga enthusiasts already know: Breath-centered yoga provides the ultimate total-body workout.
Join Leslie Kaminoff, world-renowned instructor and author of the best-selling Yoga Anatomy, as he guides you through the postures, movements, and breathing techniques designed to improve balance, flexibility, strength, and mental clarity.
Breath-Centered Yoga with Leslie Kaminoff includes four complete programs so you can experience the benefits anytime, anywhere. Best of all, you can do so regardless of your age, your body type, or even your previous experience in yoga. It is a personal session in your own private studio.
Throughout, detailed instruction, breathing and movement cues, and expert advice combine to provide a deeper understanding of every pose. You will learn how to modify movements and tailor workouts to your body, your needs, and your goals. Additionally, the special programming feature allows you to sequence multiple routines for longer, more challenging, or more targeted workouts.
With a host of features including five alternative audio tracks with specialized information (including an instructor-only track) and original music from Robert Spalding Newcomb, Breath-Centered Yoga with Leslie Kaminoff is the DVD for the ultimate at-home yoga experience.
The DVD features four complete sequences:
- The Flowing Sequence is a complete workout, from standing to final relaxation.
- The Standing Sequence is a wake-up and warm-up for the feet, legs, and breath.
- The Warrior Sequence is a strong vinyasa with no stress on the hands and arms.
- The Floor Sequence is a relaxing cool-down for the spine and breath.
- Leslie: Advanced Alignment and Breathing Cues
- Leslie and Megan: Modifications for the Curvy Body
- Leslie and Kate: Finding Strength in Flexibility
- Leslie and John: Real Men Can Do Yoga
- Leslie and Nadiya: Caring for Joints and Bones
Table of ContentsSection 1 Introduction: 2 to 3 minutes
Section 2 The 30-Minute Workout
Section 3 The 60-Minute Workout
Part I: 20 minutes
- Foot Awareness, Toe Raises, Bent and Straight Legs
- Spinal Roll-Ups and Roll-Downs
- Arm Spirals, Inhale and Exhale, Gazing
- Awkward Pose, Spinal Lifting With Arm Spirals
- Wide Stance, Arch Lifts, Forward Bend Inversion, Standing Twists
- Standing Forward Stretch
- Same as 20-minute workout, except in greater detail with more variation and repetitions
- Squatting With Variations
- Lower Belly Pose
- Table Pose, Spinal Release, Arm Variations
- Supine Twisting, Movement on Exhale
- Twisting Arm Swings, Hold in Deep Belly Twist
- Back to Spinal Release in Table Pose
- Deep Relaxation, Visualization, Breath Awareness in Corpse Pose
- Live Instruction
- Instructor’s track, with detailed methodology and some theory, for teachers
This DVD is licensed for private home use and traditional, face-to-face classroom instruction only. For public performance licensing, please contact a sales representative at www.HumanKinetics.com/SalesRepresentatives.