Athlete's Guide to Diabetes Online CE Exam Without Book, The
Author: Human Kinetics
Consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading The Athlete’s Guide to Diabetes. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can help clients perform and feel their best while managing their type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Summarize the types of exercise training that adults with diabetes should engage in.
- Explain the importance of different types of physical activity to diabetes management.
- Describe the basics of energy systems and how exercise metabolism is altered by diabetes.
- List the types of medications prescribed to manage blood glucose and describe their impact on activity.
- Understand dietary practices related to exercise and alterations for people with diabetes.
- Recognize the emerging role of technologies in diabetes exercise management.
- Assess the safety and effectiveness of exercise by those with diabetes-related health complications.
- Predict the mind-set of an athlete with diabetes that will lead to success.
- List the most common athletic injuries and how to prevent or avoid them.
- Explain the changes to diabetes regimens (diet, insulin) that may be needed during physical activity.
- Summarize the usual practices of active individuals with diabetes who engage in a variety of fitness, endurance, power-endurance, power, and recreational sports activities.