Science and Practice of Strength Training 3rd Edition Online CE Exam Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics
Consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions, this continuing education exam is designed to be taken after reading Science and Practice of Strength Training, Third Edition. The exam will test your knowledge of the information presented in the book so you can understand strength training concepts and develop appropriate training programs for each person you work with.
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Identify the principles of activity and training effects that affect the adaptations to a strength training plan.
- Recognize the effects of motor task parameters and the athlete’s abilities on the manifestation of strength.
- Determine the peripheral and central factors that affect the maximal forces produced by an athlete.
- Analyze the effects of various training intensities to determine the strength training method for a particular desired result.
- Identify the effect of the timing of training on the result of an athlete’s preparation.
- Evaluate strength training exercises for their contribution to the outcome of a training plan.
- Explain the influence of velocity on the activities in the weight room.
- Understand how strength training loads affect the body in order to prevent injury, especially injuries to the lumbar spine region.
- Distinguish between overreaching, overtraining, and overtraining syndrome.
- Analyze the effects of several variables on the body’s ability to adequately recover and improve performance.
- Illustrate an effective assessment program in the weight room to measure the outcomes of the prescribed training program.
- Recognize the role of goal setting in the program design and implementation process.
- Identify the factors in physical development and injury prevention specifically related to a strength training program for women.
- Apply proper design principles and implementation to provide a safe and effective strength training program for young athletes.
- Illustrate the potential benefits of a properly designed progressive resistance training program for senior athletes.
AudienceCertified personal trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, and athletic trainers.
Science and Practice of Strength Training Online CE Exam-3rd Edition