Author Nunzio Signore is one of the most in-demand strength and conditioning coaches in New York and has worked with players from the Minnesota Twins, Anaheim Angels, New York Yankees, New York Mets, Arizona Diamondbacks, and Seattle Mariners, to name a few. In Velocity-Based Training, Signore will show you how bring your athletes to greater levels of strength, speed, and power at a faster rate. You will find the following:
- Descriptions of the different types of VBT devices and the pros and cons of each, enabling you to select the best option for your needs
- Instructions on how to use VBT to assess athlete readiness and set specific training parameters for maximum results
- Information on how to use VBT to ensure athletes are training at the appropriate intensity according to where they are in their yearly training plan
- Expert guidance on how to use VBT daily with athletes of various training ages and ability levels
- Sample programming that includes exercises, intensities, and tempos for all four training seasons (postseason, off-season, preseason, and in-season), allowing you to set thresholds that minimize the potential for undertraining or overtraining
CE exam available! For certified professionals, a companion continuing education exam can be completed after reading this book. Velocity-Based Training Online CE Exam may be purchased separately or as part of the Velocity-Based Training With CE Exam package that includes both the book and the exam.
AudienceStrength and conditioning coaches and personal trainers who work with athletes of all levels.
Chapter 1. Breaking the VBT Code
Chapter 2. Understanding the Metrics
Chapter 3. Tools of the Trade
Part II. Getting Started
Chapter 4. The Special Strength Zones
Chapter 5. Calculating a One-Rep Max
Chapter 6. Using Autoregulation and Velocity Loss
Part III. Programming
Chapter 7. Yearly Periodization Using VBT
Chapter 8. Early Off-Season: Tissue Prep and Hypertrophy
Chapter 9. Mid–Off-Season: Submaximal and Maximal Strengths
Chapter 10. Late Off-Season and Preseason: Transfer to Sport-Specific Power
Chapter 11. In-Season: Strength and Power Maintenance
Chapter 12. Sample Programming
—Brian Cashman, General Manager of the New York Yankees
“Nunzio's understanding and practical application of velocity-based training are revolutionizing the field of strength and conditioning. This book will be a valuable addition to any strength and conditioning coaches’ library!”
—Will Franco, MS, CSCS, Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Baltimore Orioles
“Velocity-based training is a highly effective and useful tool for any athlete. Nunzio provides great insight into its benefits for any coach, at any level, and at any time of the year.”
—Ian Kadish, RSCC, CSCS, Director of Strength and Conditioning for the Minnesota Twins
“This book is sure to become a staple for strength coaches worldwide and will be a game changer for anyone preparing for a high-intensity athletic endeavor.”
—Randy Sullivan, MPT, CSCS, CEO of Florida Baseball Ranch
Rep manipulation based on velocity loss
What is a concentric contraction?
Hi I am very happy with the book, it will be very useful to my daily work. HK has a lot of very good material and i am glad to know you!!
The UPDATED knowledge about S&C & VBT from this book is going to make you shock!
Velocity-Based Training epub
I think more valuable book. This book bridge between teorical knowledge and practical application.