Dance Education edTPA Online Preparation Guide
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
This low-cost, practical tool will be a big hit among university dance program faculty, on-site cooperating teachers, and others who are involved in the edTPA process. This preparation guide provides a detailed road map for completing the three tasks within the Performing Arts edTPA. The guide offers
- scaffolded Try It Out activities to develop and prepare for key components of the edTPA;
- sample written responses from former teacher candidates, annotated with rubrics-aligned commentary to help readers learn the difference between responses that are merely acceptable and those that exceed expectations;
- Quick Tips sidebars that give succinct, practical suggestions to improve the quality of the edTPA materials that the teacher candidate will submit; and
- movement breaks that prompt teacher candidates to take short breaks before returning to their edTPA preparation tasks.
As they work through this guide, teacher candidates will learn
- how to align their lesson plans and assessments with edTPA requirements;
- the scope of the three task areas of edTPA evaluation: Planning, Instruction, and Assessment;
- the nuances of all 15 rubrics and how to make choices geared toward high scores;
- how to design, create, and implement a plan for success in the edTPA submission process; and
- how to incorporate educational research frameworks such as universal design for learning, backward design, and culturally responsive teaching to strengthen discipline-specific instruction, including somatic and kinesthetic awareness, creative and choreographic principles, and reflective practice in dance education.
Dance Education edTPA Online Preparation Guide connects general education theory with research-verified strategies to support instructional choices in the dance education classroom. In doing so, it takes the guesswork out of the preparation process for teacher candidates who are embarking on the edTPA submission process.
AudienceDigital resource for undergraduate dance education courses. Resource for all stakeholders involved in the edTPA process, including teacher candidates (TCs), on-site cooperating teachers (OSCTs), and university supervisors of teacher education programs (USTEPs)
Chapter 2. Introduction to Task 1: Planning for Instruction and Assessment
Chapter 3. Task 1: Context for Learning Information
Chapter 4. Task 1: Lesson Plans for Learning Segment
Chapter 5. Task 1: Instructional Materials
Chapter 6. Task 1: Assessments
Chapter 7. Task 1: Planning Commentary
Chapter 8. Introduction to Task 2: Instructing and Engaging Students in Learning
Chapter 9. Task 2: Video Clips
Chapter 10. Task 2: Instruction Commentary
Chapter 11. Introduction to Task 3: Assessing Student Learning
Chapter 12. Task 3: Student Work Samples
Chapter 13. Task 3: Evidence of Feedback
Chapter 14. Task 3: Assessment Commentary
Chapter 15. Task 3: Evaluation Criteria
Index of Sample Written Responses