Yoga Anatomy 3rd Edition-Spiral
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
With more than a million copies sold, Yoga Anatomy has become an invaluable resource for yoga practitioners, enthusiasts, and instructors around the world. Expanded and updated, the third edition of Yoga Anatomy will provide you with an even deeper understanding of yoga and of the structures and principles underlying each movement.
Building on the success of its predecessors, this revamped edition features new content to further augment your yoga practice:
- A new chapter offering history and context for the idea that anatomy is a story
- Updated chapters on the skeletal and muscular systems
- A new chapter on the nervous system that outlines its key functions and roles in the body
- Significantly expanded breathing and spine chapters to address disc anatomy and damage as well as back pain
- Newly added Cueing Callouts to provide tips and advice on teaching or performing a pose
- New stick figure icons to simply depict the alignment of each pose for quick reference
- A Breathing Inquiry section with each asana to illuminate the connection between breathing and a movement practice
Authors Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews, both internationally respected specialists in yoga and breath anatomy, offer a solid grounding in the principles of physical practice common to many systems of yoga. Whether you are just beginning your journey or have been practicing for years, Yoga Anatomy will be an invaluable resource—one that allows you to see each movement in an entirely new light.
AudienceYoga enthusiasts, yoga instructors, and other fitness professionals; reference for health and medical professionals and for physical education, kinesiology, and anatomy students.
Chapter 2. Skeletal System
Chapter 3. Muscular System
Chapter 4. Nervous System
Chapter 5. Yoga and the Spine
Chapter 6. Dynamics of Breathing
Chapter 7. Inside the Asana
Chapter 8. Standing Poses
Chapter 9. Sitting Poses
Chapter 10. Kneeling Poses
Chapter 11. Supine Poses
Chapter 12. Prone Poses
Chapter 13. Arm Support Poses
Great Book. Great illustrations. My daughter is a physical therapist and yoga instructor so this book makes the yoga language understandable. Also, a good review of anatomy class I had years ago.
Forgot I ordered it,but it was early delivery and great shspe!!