Athletic Movement Skills Online CE Course Without Book
Author: Human Kinetics
This package includes the following:
- Online study guide
- Online continuing education exam
Once you pass the exam, you can print a certificate for continuing education credits.
- Describe the basic concepts of movement skills.
- Explain the roles of the musculoskeletal system, neuromuscular system, and bioenergetics system in athletic development.
- Distinguish motor development patterns from childhood through late adolescence.
- Apply basic biomechanical principles to athletic movement skills.
- Explain the importance of posture in athletic movement and the role it plays in performance and injury prevention.
- Conduct basic testing protocols that will allow you to measure the athlete’s ability to control posture while stationary and during movement.
- Structure and sequence a training programme based on the principles in this course.
- Optimize running and agility drills for athletes.
- Explain and evaluate jumping and plyometric skills commonly used in athletic development.
- Recognize the importance of developing strength for the execution of athletic movements.
- Describe the fundamental principles of coaching movement skills in an athletic programme.