Breathe, Focus, Excel Online CE Exam With Print Book
Exercises, Techniques, and Strategies for Optimal Athletic Performance
Author: Human Kinetics
- Breathe, Focus, Excel book
- Online continuing education exam
- Generate more power
- Move with greater efficiency and ease
- Expedite recovery
- Improve aerobic capacity
- Enhance decision-making and focus in competition
- Reduce anxiety in high-stress, competitive situations
After reading the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
- Recognize the fundamentals of breath awareness.
- Explain the anatomy, physiology, and psychology involved with breathing.
- Describe the impact of breathing on athletic performance.
- Summarize the influence of breathing mechanics on the body and mind.
- Define effective breathing mechanics.
- Assess current breathing mechanics.
- Recognize breathing techniques to influence emotional states and overcome negative thinking.
- Practice warm-up protocols and testing measurements for breathing practices.
- Distinguish the differences among breathing assessments.
- Apply breathing exercises that help control exhalation and build awareness of muscles used in respiration.
- Employ breathing exercises that bring awareness to the pelvic floor and focus on inhalation, rib cage mobility, and spine mobility.
- Demonstrate recovery breathing exercises.
- Identify the benefits and risks of breath control in cold and in heat.
- Evaluate the best practices for implementing breath control protocols in cold and in heat.
AudiencePersonal trainers, strength and conditioning professionals, yoga teachers, and other certified fitness professionals who work with serious athletes who want to improve performance.
Chapter 1. Fundamentals of Breath Awareness
Chapter 2. The Anatomy and Physiology of Breathing
Chapter 3. Athletic Performance and the Breath
Chapter 4. Emotions and the Breath
Part II. Breathing Exercises
Chapter 5. Exercises to Test and Measure the Breath
Chapter 6. Oxygenation Exercises
Chapter 7. Strengthening Exercises
Chapter 8. Recovery, Relaxation, and Emotional Regulation Exercises
Chapter 9. Environmental Stress Exercises
Highly recommend this book for any professional that works with athletes and wants to help them better understand how to down regulate from excess stress or anxiety!