Developing Health Skills in Middle School
By Karen E. McConnell, PhD, and Terri D. Farrar, PhD, Pacific Lutheran University
In the presentation below, Human Kinetics authors Karen McConnell and Terri Farrar discuss the history of skills-based health education (SBHE), some of the challenges of SBHE, and taking an integrated approach of knowledge, skill, and behavior development.
All content within this presentation, including accompanying handouts, is the copyrighted work of the author unless otherwise noted. Unauthorized access, duplication, or distribution of it is a violation of copyright law.
Books by the Presenters
Human Kinetics books can be found in our Health Education, Physical Education, and Adapted Physical Education Collections, including books by Karren McConnell and Terri Farrar such as Live Well Middle School Health, Health for Life and Health Opportunities Through Physical Education.
- Review of Promoting Elementary School Physical Activity
- Human Kinetics Acquires PE Central Online School
- School-Based Promotion of Children's Physical Activity
- Live Well: Middle School Health Correlations to National and State Standards
- Live Well: Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Teaching the Nuts and Bolts of PE