Training and Conditioning for MMA Online CE Exam With Ebook
Author: Human Kinetics
- Training and Conditioning for MMA ebook
- Online continuing education exam
Training and Conditioning for MMA provides trainers and coaches who work with combat athletes with a comprehensive yet practical manual for all training-related aspects of MMA, featuring the following:
- Methodology of sports training, including the periodization model used at American Top Team
- Principles for designing a fighter’s training program
- Physical assessment of a fighter, from body composition to flexibility
- Importance of nutrition in high-level training
- More than 45 proven training programs for a wide range of martial arts disciplines, athlete types, and levels, accompanied by photos of professional MMA fighters demonstrating exercises and techniques
- Prevention strategies for MMA-related injuries
- Recognize the preparation components of sports performance.
- Illustrate how the training variables of volume, intensity, and density influence external loads.
- Evaluate training loads using the RPE method.
- Organize the various modes of training into a training plan for combat sports.
- Design a program for desired outcomes based on the principles of resistance training.
- Select and execute pertinent physical tests to assess the training needs of the fighter.
- Assess the value of nutrients and supplements to support training and performance outcomes.
- Choose exercises and training programs to elicit desired adaptations in a fighter.
- Explain the proper execution of a variety of exercises.
- Employ a variety of equipment for training specific to MMA combat.
- Plan training activities to reduce the incidence of injuries common in MMA.
- Assess movement deficiencies and related interventions for MMA athletes.
AudienceStrength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, or other related professionals who train athletes for mixed martial arts (MMA).
Overload Principle Applied to Sports Training
Modes of Training
Traditional Periodization Methods
Periodization Model Used at American Top Team
Construction of a Training Session
Chapter 2. Program Design
Principles of Resistance Training
Resistance Training for Strength and Muscle Hypertrophy
Resistance Training for Power
High-Intensity Interval Training
New Russian Concept of Training
Methods of Training the Heart Muscle
Methods of Directing Adipose Tissue Activity
Chapter 3. Physical Assessment of the Fighter
Metabolic and Cardiorespiratory Fitness: Laboratory Testing
Metabolic and Cardiorespiratory Fitness: Field Testing
Tests Specific to Fighters
Chapter 4. The Importance of Nutrition in High-Level Training
Chapter 5. Methods of Training for MMA
Body Weight Training
Specific Power Training
Power Endurance Training
MMA-Specific Cross Training
Training for Adaptive MMA Athletes
Training to Improve MMA Takedowns
MMA, Muay Thai, and Jiu-Jitsu Preparation Training for Women
Training for Wrestlers and Grapplers
Training for Jiu-Jitsu
Outdoor Training for MMA
High-Intensity Interval Training for MMA
Circuits for Five-Round Matches
Resistance Band Training
Training Using the Isoton Method
Training to Increase Muscular Endurance and Number of Mitochondria in Type II Muscle Fibers
Training to Increase Strength and Power in Type II Muscle Fibers
Training to Increase Speed
Chapter 6. Prevention of MMA-Related Injuries
Injury Prevention in MMA Fighters
Head and Face Injuries
Elbow, Wrist, and Hand Injuries
Hip and Thigh Injuries
Ankle and Foot Injuries
The Science of Stretching and Flexibility