Eat.Lift.Thrive. eBook With CE Exam
Online CoursePackage components are delivered as online products:
- Eat. Lift. Thrive. e-book
- Continuing education exam
Sohee Lee understands, because she’s faced the challenges and overcome them. As a trainer, presenter, and author, she’s shared her experiences and helped others establish healthy relationships with food and exercise for long-term results.
In the e-book Eat. Lift. Thrive. she empowers you with tools and strategies to make positive changes. You will learn how to identify issues that are holding you or your clients back, and you will learn what you can do to get back on track. You’ll find motivation, exercise, and advice. And you’ll learn how to
- incorporate Lee’s Living Lean Guidelines to make your diet work around your life, rather than the other way around;
- perform her Primary Strength Movements and integrate them into an effective workout program; and
- adjust your routine to maintain the results you’ve achieved.
This e-book is designed to be different. By the time you’re finished, you’ll be an expert at moderation and will say goodbye to extremes in dieting. Certified professionals can confidently apply the concepts to their clientele and, with the CE exam, pursue continuing education credits in the process!
After reading this book and successfully completing the 105-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- List methods of delayed gratification that help clients to develop discipline.
- Describe the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
- Identify the types of support that can help clients reach their goals.
- Describe the layers of the nutrition pyramid that contribute to simple, healthy eating habits.
- List the living lean guidelines that support a healthy nutrition strategy.
- Understand how the principle of moderation applies to healthy eating habits.
- Explain how to use resistance training to optimize muscle growth and strength gains.
- Create training programs that account for client lifestyle, environment, and preferences.
A continuing education exam for strength and conditioning and personal training professionals who work with athletes and monitor training programs.
Table of ContentsPart I. Reset Your Thinking
Chapter 1. Forget What You Know
All-or-nothing thinking is dangerous and counterproductive. Making slow, sustainable changes is hard, but it’s the best way to make permanent changes.
Chapter 2. Failing Forward
Failing is a reality of life. Learning from failure is a choice.
Chapter 3. You’re Not Alone
Reach out to your community to reach your goals.
Part II. Eat
Chapter 4. Nutrition Basics
Focus on the most important layers of the nutrition pyramid to develop simple, healthy eating habits you can sustain for a lifetime.
Chapter 5. Living-Lean Guidelines
Make healthy eating a mindless habit for long-term success.
Chapter 6. Embrace Moderation
Treat yourself right by treating yourself. Really!
Part III. Lift
Chapter 7. Level Up With Resistance Training
Why should you pick up heavy things and put them down? For improvements in health, function, and beauty.
Chapter 8. Primary Strength Movements
Squat, hinge, bridge, lateral rotation, upper-body push, upper-body pull, and single-joint exercises.
Chapter 9. Cardio and Glute Circuits
Use smart cardio as a complement to resistance training. Glute circuits will round out your program.
Part IV. Thrive
Chapter 10. Create Your Program
Use your goals to determine your program variables, but also consider your lifestyle, environment, and preferences. Your program is all about you.
Chapter 11. Sample Programs
Choose from a transitional program or two-, three-, or four-days-a-week programs.
Chapter 12. Monitor Your Progress
Check in with yourself. Be amazed at your progress and celebrate you!