Your Workout PERFECTED With CE Exam
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
The package components are as follows:
• Your Workout PERFECTED text
• Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Every workout is intended to do one thing: maximize results. Whether that result is fitness, function and performance, fat loss, or physique improvements, you want your clients’ efforts to pay off. What if you had the opportunity to have the NSCA Personal Trainer of the Year show you how to make every workout better? Now you do have access to that expertise with Your Workout PERFECTED.
Nick Tumminello, author of Strength Training for Fat Loss and Building Muscle and Performance, knows that a “one size fits all” approach can’t work for everyone. That go-to program you love may be more harmful than beneficial. But maybe, with some slight alterations, it’s exactly what your client needs. That’s why he developed Your Workout PERFECTED. It’s a unique and cooperative approach—one that works to improve, not replace, your routine.
Inside, there are 243 exercises and 71 programs, including beginner workouts for those who are just starting and even alternative home or hotel gym workouts and bodyweight workouts. Plus, you’ll learn the following:
• The mistakes you may be making
• Minor changes to techniques that can produce big results
• Why certain exercises are preferable over others
• Whether men and women should be trained differently
• Exercises to avoid
• Proven principles to follow
• Combinations and sequences to maximize results
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After reading the book and completing the exam, you will be able to do the following:
• Explain why a client’s training objectives (fitness, function and performance, fat loss, or physique improvement) determine what training program to use.
• Explain the benefits of resistance training.
• Identify common strength training myths.
• Explain the exercise and nutrition strategies for fat loss.
• Discuss the science of strength and apply the associated principles to an exercise program.
• Choose exercises to improve exercise programs.
• Describe warm-up and mobility sequences and exercises.
• Modify exercises to improve efficiency and reduce injury risk.
• Describe the proper techniques for upper-body, lower-body, core, and conditioning exercises.
• Describe common ways to create a conditioning exercise complex.
• Explain the basics of a beginner resistance training program.
• Explain the basics of exercise programs to improve fitness, function and performance, fat loss, and physique and programs for fat loss.
• Describe the strategies to minimize exercise-related injuries.
A continuing education exam for personal trainers, fitness instructors, and strength and conditioning professionals.
Part I. Training Objectives
Chapter 1. Fitness
Chapter 2. Function and Performance
Chapter 3. Fat Loss
Chapter 4. Physique
Part II. Exercises
Chapter 5. Warm-Up and Mobility Exercises
Chapter 6. Upper-Body Exercises
Chapter 7. Lower-Body Exercises
Chapter 8. Core Exercises
Chapter 9. Conditioning Exercises
Part III. Programming
Chapter 10. General Beginner Programs
Chapter 11. Fitness Programs
Chapter 12. Function and Performance Programs
Chapter 13. Fat Loss Programs
Chapter 14. Physique Programs
Chapter 15. Strategies for Minimizing Injury
If you can some more in-depth knowledge with real life scenarios that will really help to understand and implement better