Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Your Workout PERFECTED is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain why a client’s training objectives (fitness, function and performance, fat loss, or physique improvement) determine what training program to use.
- Explain the benefits of resistance training.
- Identify common strength training myths.
- Explain the exercise and nutrition strategies for fat loss.
- Discuss the science of strength and apply the associated principles to an exercise program.
- Choose exercises to improve exercise programs.
- Describe warm-up and mobility sequences and exercises.
- Modify exercises to improve efficiency and reduce injury risk.
- Describe the proper techniques for upper-body, lower-body, core, and conditioning exercises.
- Describe common ways to create a conditioning exercise complex.
- Explain the basics of a beginner resistance training program.
- Explain the basics of exercise programs to improve fitness, function and performance, fat loss, and physique and programs for fat loss.
- Describe the strategies to minimize exercise-related injuries.
A continuing education exam for personal trainers, fitness instructors, and strength and conditioning professionals.
Table of Contents
Part I. Training Objectives
Chapter 1. Fitness
Chapter 2. Function and Performance
Chapter 3. Fat Loss
Chapter 4. Physique
Part II. Exercises
Chapter 5. Warm-Up and Mobility Exercises
Chapter 6. Upper-Body Exercises
Chapter 7. Lower-Body Exercises
Chapter 8. Core Exercises
Chapter 9. Conditioning Exercises
Part III. Programming
Chapter 10. General Beginner Programs
Chapter 11. Fitness Programs
Chapter 12. Function and Performance Programs
Chapter 13. Fat Loss Programs
Chapter 14. Physique Programs
Chapter 15. Strategies for Minimizing Injury