Yoga for Runners 2nd Edition With CE Exam
Online CourseThe package components are as follows:
- Yoga for Runners, Second Edition, text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
Accompanied by full-color photos, the poses are also arranged into 13 yoga sequences to address specific areas of concern such as core stability, strengthening and lengthening the hamstrings, increasing mobility of the hip joint, speeding up the recovery process after a practice run or race, and loosening the neck and shoulders, which is particularly beneficial for runners who sit much of the day. Anatomical illustrations and descriptions explain how the poses and sequences decrease risk of acute or chronic injury as well as why they are beneficial to a training regimen.
Yoga for Runners also features breathing and mindfulness techniques to help your clients become more alert to the signs of a possible injury developing and to know when they can push a bit harder.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Describe the physical benefits of a yoga practice for runners.
- Identify the mental benefits of meditation for runners.
- Explain the difference between exercise that focuses on physical outcomes and exercise that incorporates a mind–body focus.
- Describe the basic structure and function of the spine, core, upper body, hips, hamstrings, knees, feet, and ankles.
- Identify yoga poses that are beneficial for the spine, core, upper body, hips, hamstrings, knees, feet, and ankles.
- Define restorative yoga.
- Demonstrate off-the-mat yoga poses.
- Explain the benefits of deep breathing for runners and how to breathe during yoga practice.
- Discuss how yoga can help prevent and alleviate running injuries.
AudiencePersonal trainers, coaches, yoga teachers, and other certified fitness professionals who work with runners.
Table of ContentsChapter 1. The Running–Yoga Connection
Chapter 2. Fit Body and Mind
Chapter 3. Breathing
Chapter 4. Prevent Injury
Chapter 5. Healthy Spine
Chapter 6. Core Strength
Chapter 7. Upper Body
Chapter 8. Hips
Chapter 9. Hamstrings
Chapter 10. Knees
Chapter 11. Feet and Ankles
Chapter 12. Restore and Recover
Chapter 13. Yoga Sequences
Chapter 14. Yoga Off the Mat