Warm-Up With CE Exam, The
Maximize Performance and Improve Long-Term Athletic Development
At this time, our website is unable to accommodate tax-exempt orders.
For credit card security, do not include credit card information in email.
First time orders from US Business/Institutional accounts with a tax-exempt certificate must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 217-351-1549. Include a copy of your sales tax-exempt certificate.
Repeat orders may be placed by phone at 1-800-747-5698 or 217-351-5076.
- The Warm-Up text
- Continuing education exam (accessed online)
The Warm-Up provides a library of activities for creating effective RAMP warm-ups, including the following:
- Five sample RAMP warm-up programs appropriate for a variety of sports and athlete training levels
- More than 160 diagrams and photos depicting 113 drills and exercises
- Seventeen video clips demonstrating movement patterns of the Raise phase
- Exercise and drill finders to easily find exercises best suited to specific needs
After reading this book and successfully completing the 75-question multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Explain the purpose and value that the warm-up provides to an athlete.
- Compare and contrast the traditional warm-up protocol with the RAMP warm-up system.
- Describe the three phases of the RAMP warm-up system.
- Describe how to organize a Raise phase.
- Explain the role of static stretching in a warm-up.
- Describe the activation and mobilization process.
- Identify the technique guidelines for activation and mobilization exercises.
- Describe the potentiation process.
- Construct effective sport-specific warm-ups using the RAMP warm-up system.
AudienceA continuing education course for sport coaches, strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and other certified fitness professionals.
Reasons for Warming Up
The Physiology of Warming Up
Psychological Rationale for Warming Up
Net Potential Effects of Warming Up
The Warm-Up and Injury Risk Reduction
Optimizing the Warm-Up
Chapter 2. A New Way of Thinking About the Warm-Up
The Traditional General and Specific Warm-Up
Reevaluating the Aim and Value of the Warm-Up
A New Purpose for the Warm-Up
Competition Versus Training Warm-Ups
Issues With the Traditional Warm-Up
Chapter 3. The RAMP System of Warming Up
A Systematic Approach
Delivering Athletic Development
The RAMP System
Chapter 4. The Raise Phase
Types of Raise Phases
Organizing a Raise Phase
Chapter 5. The Activation and Mobilization Phase
Long-Term Focus: Mobility
The Role of Static Stretching
Focusing on Mobility
Focusing on Movement
Initiating and Progressing the System
Addressing Fundamental Issues: Activation
Targeting the Selections
The Activation and Mobilization Process
Chapter 6. The Potentiation Phase
Focus of the Phase
Duration of the Phase
A Session in Itself
The Potentiation Process
Sample Potentiation Phases
Chapter 7. Constructing Effective Warm-Ups
The Planning Process
The Raise Phase
The Activation and Mobilization Phase
The Potentiation Phase