Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
Strength Training, Second Edition, e-book
- Study guide
- Continuing education exam
The exercises in the second edition of the Strength Training e-book feature color photos and use nearly every piece of equipment available, allowing you to tailor workouts to each client. Whether you’re designing a new resistance training program or fine-tuning an existing regimen, Strength Training CE Course will help you ensure proper technique, safety, and progressions for proven success in increasing muscle mass, strength, power, and muscular endurance.
- Understand the science and physiology of strength training and the factors that contribute to the development of strength.
- Know the principles of strength training and effective strength training program design.
- Use a variety of testing and assessment tools to evaluate strength and power and interpret the results to design effective training programs.
- Understand the principles of proper nutrition and hydration for strength training.
- Design safe and effective endurance training programs to meet specific goals for a variety of abilities and ages.
- Be familiar with a variety of strength training programs, exercises, and training plans to maximize the development of strength.
A continuing education course for strength and conditioning professionals, personal trainers, and other fitness professionals.
Table of Contents
- Course Syllabus
- Course Materials
- Course Instructions
- Learning Objectives
- Learning With the Strength Training Book
- Chapter 1. Muscle Anatomy 101
- Chapter 2. How Muscle Grows
- Chapter 3. Types of Muscle Training
- Chapter 4. Nutrition for Muscle Growth
- Chapter 5. Strength Assessment
- Chapter 6. Types of Strength and Power Training
- Chapter 7. Workout Schedule and Rest
- Chapter 8. Safety, Soreness, and Injury
- Chapter 9. Upper-Body Exercises
- Chapter 10. Lower-Body Exercises
- Chapter 11. Torso Exercises
- Chapter 12. Explosive Movements
- Chapter 13. Beginner Programs
- Chapter 14. Intermediate Programs
- Chapter 15. Advanced Programs
- Chapter 16. Youth Programs
- Chapter 17. Senior Programs
- Learning Activities Answer Key
- Exam and Evaluation
- Course Materials
- Exam Answer Sheet
- Course Evaluation
- Certificate Information