Sports Massage for Injury Care Online CE Exam
Online CourseThis product is delivered online:
- Continuing education exam
- NOTE: The text Sports Massage for Injury Care is required for successful completion of this exam but is not included in this version. Purchase this version only if you already own the text or ebook.
After reading this book and successfully completing the multiple-choice exam, you will be able to do the following:
- Recognize the components needed in developing an appropriate and effective treatment plan for neuromuscular injuries.
- Explain why a sports massage therapist must be aware of viewing any condition solely through the lens of their profession.
- Develop an understanding of the recent and emerging knowledge in pain science and how it is a critical factor within evidence-based practice.
- Define the major types of soft tissue in the body.
- List the structure and function of collagen, fascia, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves.
- Define the components of an assessment using the acronym HOPS.
- Explain the characteristics of acute and chronic soft tissue injuries and differentiate the two types.
- Explain the traditional thinking and current thinking regarding the use of cryotherapy on acute soft tissue injuries.
- Understand the principles and applications of common Swedish massage strokes, including effleurage, petrissage, muscle-broadening strokes, and longitudinal stripping.
- Describe the principles and applications of less popular but effective techniques such as pin and stretch, isolytic contractions, and deep friction massage techniques.
AudienceA continuing education course for massage therapists, physical therapists, physiotherapists, and athletic trainers.
Easy-to-read and practitioners can quickly apply to their daily practice. Excellent resource for anyone interested in manual therapy in sports!