Softball 3rd Edition eBook
EbookImprove your play at the plate, on the base paths, and in the field by mastering the essentials of the game. Softball: Steps to Success offers a comprehensive, progressive approach that combines in-depth instruction, crisp illustrations, and 127 drills. Any player can become fundamentally sound and be ready to take the field.
You’ll find detailed instruction on every individual skill necessary for success in the game: catching, throwing, fielding, pitching, hitting, and baserunning. This updated edition also includes these features:
- Responsibilities of each position on the field and every batter in the lineup
- Offensive and defensive tactics for specific game situations
- Emphasis on the short game, covering five types of bunts and the running slap hit
- An expanded section on pitching that includes seven types of pitches for modified-pitch, slow-pitch, and fastpitch games
- Skill-development drills with assessment scoring systems to gauge progress along the way
Hits, runs, putouts, and double plays are at your fingertips. With Softball: Steps to Success, part of the popular Steps to Success Series that has sold more than 1.5 million copies, your performance on the diamond will shine.
Table of ContentsStep 1. Catching and Throwing
Step 2. Fielding
Step 3. Pitching
Step 4. Hitting
Step 5. Bunting and Slap Hitting
Step 6. Baserunning
Step 7. Defensive Responsibilities and Tactics
Step 8. Cutoffs, Double Plays, and Rundowns
Step 9. Offensive Tactics and Defensive Responses
Step 10. Modified Games
Step 11. Slow-Pitch Games
"Softball: Steps to Success is an exceptional resource for teaching the fundamental skills of softball, whether in a physical education class setting or in a more competitive environment. The authors provide a comprehensive breakdown of each skill and tactic, drills for improving execution, and final challenges to augment development. It's a must-have resource for the softball enthusiast!"
--BJ Ferguson Head Softball Coach, University of Delaware Associate Professor