Online CourseThe package components are delivered online:
Power Yoga: Strength, Sweat, and Spirit ebook
- Continuing education exam
Dozens of warm-up, power, peak, and cool-down poses are presented in full color, and adaptations to modify or intensify each pose allow you to customize your practice for each client. Sequences ranging from 5 to 60 minutes—including specific sequences for running, cycling, team sports, and high-intensity activities—offer options that match specific goals and lifestyle needs, and the 28-day plan can be adjusted into a customized plan based on the desired results.
Upon completing the book, certified professionals can take the companion CE exam to earn continuing education credits.
After completing this course, you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the meaning of select Sanskrit terms used in yoga practice.
- Identify historical figures in yoga history who helped to define power yoga.
- Recognize how a power yoga practice benefits the body.
- Explain how power yoga helps to manage stress.
- Discuss how to modify and adapt yoga poses.
- Understand when yoga poses are contraindicated for specific conditions.
- Describe the role of meditation within a power yoga practice.
- Discuss the importance of breath work in power yoga.
AudienceA continuing education course for fitness and yoga instructors, personal trainers, athletic trainers, and strength and conditioning coaches.
Table of ContentsIntroduction
A Brief History of Yoga
The Eight Limbs of Yoga
How to Use This Book
Chapter 1. The Power of Yoga
Yoga for Life Today
The Physical Practice
Chapter 2. Intention
Setting Your Intention
Applying the Right Effort
Chapter 3. Power Principles
Chapter 4. Warm-Up Poses and Sequences
Chapter 5. Power Poses and Sequences
Chapter 6. Peak Poses and Sequences
Igniting Your Peak
Chapter 7. Cool-Down Poses and Sequences
Power in Opposites
Cool Down Sequences
Chapter 8. Core Strength Poses and Sequences
Cultivating Core Strength
Chapter 9. Upper-Body Strength Sequences
What Is Your Upper Body Saying?
Chapter 10. Lower-Body Strength Sequences
Trust Your Foundation
Chapter 11. Yoga Within Your Other Workouts
Power Yoga and Injury Prevention
Sport-Specific Yoga Sequences
Chapter 12. Your Power Yoga Plan
Get the Most Out of Your Practice
Your Power Yoga Plan: Sequences