Online CourseCourse components are delivered online:
- Informational video
- Continuing education exam
At the conclusion of this discussion, the learner should be able to do the following:
- Recall at least three common signs and symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- Demonstrate at least two key positional release therapy (PRT) releases for treatment of plantar fasciitis
- Provide a rationale for the implementation of PRT in a treatment regimen for plantar fasciitis
Focusing on plantar fasciitis, this video imparts the following to students:
- A brief overview of the physiological aspects of the condition
- Explanations on how the injury develops
- Tips for using assessment to identify the injury or dysfunction
- Treatment methods for plantar fasciitis using positional release therapy
- Ancillary treatment techniques and exercises that can be performed to augment the treatment
All these treatment methods are also available in Clinical Guide to Positional Release Therapy.
A continuing education course for health care providers—including athletic trainers, physical therapists, licensed massage therapists, occupational therapists, and physiotherapists—who utilize manual therapy to alleviate musculoskeletal dysfunction.